Friday 24 May 2013

Friday night's alright for fighting

I've been having something of a scrappy week and, while it hasn't yet resulted in any violence, I can't say I haven't fantasised about slamming a few heads into my desk. But while I can't go around visiting physical injuries upon those who annoy me, I can certainly come up with a list of my favourite screen fights...

10. Rob vs Ian - High Fidelity


The scene that started this post, it shows exactly what I've been doing this week. The only difference being that the prick I want to beat up isn't called Ian.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

9. Chev Chelios vs baddie - Crank: High Voltage


The Crank films are my guilty pleasures. Gleefully batshit, Crank: High Voltage hit surreal heights with this fantastic Godzilla inspired giant head fight.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

8. Jay & Silent Bob vs Internet posters - Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back


I would dearly love for Jay to visit those on my shitlist. Or for him to be my best friend. I think he's awesome even when he's beating up children.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

7. Ripley vs Alien Queen - Aliens


Apparently women are the weaker sex, but don't tell Ripley that. Besides, who needs muscles when you're a badass with a powerloader?

For iPhone/iPad click here.

6. Columbus vs Apartment 406 - Zombieland


When the hot girl from the apartment next door wakes up with a serious case of the zombies, Columbus shows off some survival skills that are probably more like mine than any other on this list...

For iPhone/iPad click here.

5. Indiana Jones vs show-off swordsman - Raiders of the Lost Ark


When you just don't have the time to get into a fight...

For iPhone/iPad click here.

4. Ting vs fight club dude - Ong Bak


Having just watched this fellow annihilate some poor dude, it looks like it's shaping to be quite the scrap when Ting inadvertently enters the ring.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

3. Oh Dae-su vs a small army - Oldboy


Facing a corridor full of tooled-up thugs, Oh Dae-su battles his way through armed with nothing but a hammer (ouch). This one looks like it hurts a lot.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

2. River vs a bar - Serenity


That awkward moment when your secret government training is subliminally triggered by a commercial, and you kick the living shit out of an entire bar.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

1. Good Ash vs Bad Ash - Army of Darkness: The Medieval Dead


My biggest battles are always with myself. Besides, Bruce is the King. Hail to the King, baby. Hail to the King.

For iPhone/iPad click here.

Those are my favourites. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment