10. Six Feet UnderNiknak tells me the music is by Photek, and that if I don't include this he's moving out. Also has the distinction of most memorable last episode of all time.
9. True BloodThis one should have been M*A*S*H, but I can't find the actual opening credits sequence anywhere. So instead we get this sexy/creepy slice of Americana (look away for the fox!), and a song that really does make me want to do bad things...
8. Veronica MarsWhile this probably wouldn't rate so highly if I wasn't quite so obsessed with the show, I love the little doodles that pop up with each character, and the song lets you know instantly what the tone will be. Well played, Dandy Warhols, well played.
7. Grange HillIf you grew up in the 80's, you know this opener. And love it (wonky quality, but what do you expect? It's not so young anymore...)
6. Freaks & GeeksA great song, a great way to introduce us to our characters, plus Bill (Martin Starr) giving the best school picture smile in the history of school pictures.
5. OzI watch this series a lot, to the point that whenever I see the HBO insignia I expect this to follow. Contains tons of drugs, sex and violence - and that's just in the credits.
4. The SopranosProbably one of the most iconic credits of recent times, it's easy to see why.
3. The Fresh PrinceIt won't let me embed the proper, short version so you'll just have to pretend the middle part doesn't exist...but if you say the words 'In West Philadelphia' in a crowded room, I guarantee every single person will rap the rest of this back at you.
2. The A-TeamThey really don't make them like they used to. When I think of the A-Team, I think of Hannibal smoking a cigar in a croc-suit, BA being gnarly, Face being handsome and Murdoch popping out of a hearse with a machine gun. You get everything you need to know about this show in the opening credits - except the bit where they build an armoured truck out of a laundry hamper.
1. FarscapeHands down my favourite credit sequence ever, this pulls of the neat trick of telling you everything you need to know while being completely bat-shit at the same time.
Honourable mentionsBuffy The Vampire Slayer - for getting me so damn excited every time I hear it (still)
Blackadder closing credits - specifically those from the second series
Red Dwarf - Even if youtube doesn't want me to show you it.
So, these are my favourites. What are yours?