Friday 29 March 2013

Great Screen Beards

There's nothing I love more than a good list. I also happen to love a good beard. So when Rerab asked me for a list of top beards in film and TV, I couldn't resist.


1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

With so many beards to choose from, it's hard to pick a favourite. There's even bearded ladies for those whose tastes skew that way (as there were so ruddy many of them, many of Theoden's army are lady-beards). My own personal favourites, naturally, are on Aragorn and Eomer. So pretty...                  
       
(for iPhone/iPad click here)

2. Game of Thrones.

Much like the above, we're pretty spoilt for choice thanks to a lack of disposable razors in Westeros and beyond (as noted here on Pajiba). But this one's the best.



I'll come at you....wait, I don't think he means it that way. I'll be in my bunk...

3. Horrible Histories.

One of the best shows on TV - ever - and containing a variety of historical beards, it's always especially nice when the beard's on Matthew Baynton.

(for iPhone/iPad click here)


4. Serpico.

A great film, and a smoking hot beard, from before Pacino got all shouty.




5. The Big Lebowski.

I'd love to hang out with this beard. It totally ties his face together.

(for iPhone/iPad click here)


6. Four Lions.

Bomber beards. And Toploader.

(for iPhone/iPad click here)


7. The Royal Tenenbaums.

Not only starring an excellent beard, but notable for a highly distressing beard-shaving scene. The Royal Tenenbaums gets bonus points for also starring a bearded Bill Murray.

(for iPhone/iPad click here)



8. Carnivale.

Lila steps up for the ladies, with a particularly silky beard. This beard gets bonus points for being in the same series as Clancy Brown.




9. Alcide - How I Met Your Mother/True Blood.

Showing off this beard's range, it not only features as Marshall's lawyer bro in HIMYM (now I really want to go to Frog Lake), but also insists on being frequently naked on True Blood.

(for iPhone/iPad click here)

10. Dark Star.

Space(d) beards.

(for iPhone/iPad click here)


Bonus Beard.

Erin's pube beard in Jackass, proving it is possible to look like Gary from Team America in real life.




So, which are YOUR favourite beards?






4 comments:

  1. Totally with you on Serpico.

    I'll add a Jake Gyllenhal...usually looks too clean but there's something interesting in/under this beard:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmGeWl_dDs

    Also, a Joachin Phoenix beard is never too unpleasant:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2273589/Joaquin-Phoenix-steps-Oscars-lunch-sporting-scruffy-hair-beard-2008-flashback.html

    Hmm how do I embed vids/pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Jake is indeed sporting a rather lovely example there. With Joaquin I always feel as though he'd like to wear my skin a little, which kind of dampens the flames.

    No idea how to embed in comments - I get a little icon to do it in the main body post but not here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're forgetting Brian blessed as vultan beard. A classic facial coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice Anon. I did consider Blessed (especially as you also get Topol giving crazy beard in the same film), but I consider him to be more of a beard wearing a man...

    ReplyDelete